Division Wide High SchoolScholarships and Awards
Bob Auser Memorial Award
Collision Plus Trade Scholarship
Candidates will be interviewed by a selection committee.
Iris and Zach Hauser Art Award
To recognize the artistic talents and contributions of a graduating student whose art portfolio
shows considerable artistic talent and merit.
The recipient is a student graduating from one of the GSCS high schools who has demonstrated
talent and dedication in the field of arts. This student’s art portfolio and resume demonstrates a strong
commitment to developing an artistic practice. The recipient must be planning to pursue studies in art-
The scholarship committee from each GSCS high school in conjunction with the art teacher will
view student portfolios of artwork and rank the top 2 or 3 art portfolios from their individual schools during
the months of April or May. The top two or three students with the highest score from each school will
then send their portfolio to be reviewed by an unbiased art teacher or retired art teacher and the artists,
Iris and Zach Hauser. The artists and art teacher will rank the portfolios and the top student’s art portfolio
will be the award winner.
The award is intended for a Gr. 12 student who will be a full-time student attending an art
program in a recognized post-secondary learning institution. The award may be held over for one year
upon written notice to the Foundation Director.
Notice of Scholarship:
A written notice of scholarship along with claiming instructions will be forwarded to the recipient
by authorized school personnel prior to the end of the school year.
In September the recipient is to present to:
Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools Foundation
420 22 nd Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7K1X3
evidence confirming attendance at a post-secondary institution. (i.e., notification from the Registrar’s
Office, copy of Confirmation of Enrolment) Full payment will follow.
Kiwanis Club Riversdale Scholarship
The recipient is selected by the Student Services Department of the school.
Father Ron Beechinor Memorial Scholarship
- Be a full time student for the entire year
- Have met the requirements for graduation
- Have demonstrated actual and potential leadership
- Obtain a Letter of Recommendation from a teacher who can testify to demonstration of leadership at school. Preferably from a Grade 11 or 12 teacher with whom the applicant has been a student
- Applicant will write a 500 word summary of development as a ‘leader’ while attending school. Applicant will include the signatures of two adults who can verify involvement in activities
- Have attained the requirements for the post-secondary program of their choice
- Attach proof of acceptance to such program in the same year as the scholarship is awarded. If special circumstances prevail, obtain note from counsellor
- Have proven financial need. Applicant will write in 250 words or less a statement of financial need
Submit above documents to Student Services by June 16 of current year
Kim Sawchuk Memorial Scholarship
Student selection will be based on:
- Attendance during their tenure at both Bishop Klein and their current high school.
- An academic success level commensurate with one’s abilities.
- Involvement in school programs i.e. athletics, choir, patrols, drama, SRG/SRC, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership in living up to school expectation as outlined in the school’s belief statements.
- Demonstrated a positive school spirit.
- Financial need may be a consideration.
Student must apply for scholarship.
The scholarship is intended for former Bishop Klein students who are currently in grade 12 in a Catholic high school and will be attending a post-secondary institution.
Students are to prepare a written statement which attests to how they perceive themselves regarding the above criteria. This submission is to be presented to the principal by June 1st of the current academic year.